Thank you to everyone who joined us at our 34th Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, June 28th and to Yvan Baker, MPP Etobicoke Centre, for providing our keynote address.
Below is a recap of what took place at our Annual Meeting:
- Announcement of 3 new Board Members: Alsie Jones, a Registered Practical Nurse. Alsie obtained her Registered Practical Nursing Certificate in 2008 with a focus on community nursing. Ken Jones, a practicing lawyer for over 25 years, advocating for the rights and interests of individuals and organizations in a variety of contexts. Michael Lu, a certified Personal Support Worker with specialties in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, and a Masters degree in Business Administration.
- Keynote Address by Yvan Baker, MPP Etobicoke Centre, about seniors issues within our community.
- 2017 ESS Honour Roll Award was awarded to ESS Volunteer Sachi Nagano in recognition of her 30 years of service. Sachi received was the received an award for Exceptional Length of Service by Borys Wrzesnewskyj, MP.
- Adult Day Program staff members Sarah Fraser and Peggy Peacock were awarded the Laura Kennedy Sapphire of Excellence Award. This award acknowledges staff members who demonstrate excellence in the workplace and who go above and beyond.
- Presentation of our 2016-2017 Annual Report.