We are excited to have opened the doors to our new Overnight Respite and Day Program Centre on April 6, 2021.
What is our new Centre?
Our Centre is a 6,000 square foot purpose-built program space that has an onsite Caring Centre providing short-term, overnight respite care and accommodation for seniors and adults who have memory-related impairments, a chronic illness or a physical disability. It’s also the home of an Adult Day Program that provides support and recreational activities for adults who have a memory-related impairment. Caregivers can receive some respite during the day to rest, recharge and complete everyday tasks, with having peace-of-mind that their family member is safe and well-cared for.
- A bright, open and secure space with a universal design specially made and fitted to support seniors and older adults with cognitive impairments;
- All of the comforts of home, including 8 fully-furnished bedrooms, full kitchen and dining space;
- Accessible washrooms and shower facilities;
- Recreational programming space;
- Personal Support Workers available for around-the-clock care and companionship;
- Staff offices.
Please note our facility has since undergone reconstruction and the layout has changed. We would be happy to provide an in-person tour. Please call us at 416-243-0127.
Location: 30 Rosemount Avenue, York (Toronto), ON M9N 3B3
Supporters of our Senior Respite Centre
“After almost two years in the planning and development, ESS’ dream of creating a new, state of the art overnight respite and day program facility is now a reality. This would not have been possible without the remarkable support of so many community members, leaders and funders. The best news is that it is now here to serve those who need support today and future generations who may need this help.” – Alison Coke, CEO, ESS Support Services
We wish to pay a special thank you to everyone who made a donation towards our new Centre in our 2020 GIVE65 fundraising campaign with Home Instead Charities. Thank you to St. James’s Gate Irish Pub for donating a portion of take-out meal sales on May 21, 2020 and our local Home Instead chapter (Mississauga & Etobicoke) for always supporting us. Your donations helped support start-up operations, including the purchase of several key appliances.
We would also like to thank the Central Local Health Integration Network for their on-going program funding, as well as the following individuals who have been instrumental in taking our Centre from an idea and moving it into a reality.
- MPP Faisal Hassan, York South-Weston
- Councillor Frances Nunziata, York South-Weston
- Dave Bennett, Chair, Weston Village Residents’ Association