We are excited to have opened the doors to our new Senior Respite Centre on April 6, 2021.
What is our new Centre?
Our new Centre is a 6,000 square foot purpose-built program space that will be the home of a new onsite Caring Centre, providing short-term, overnight respite care for seniors, older adults, and their caregivers in the community. It will also incorporate a recreational Adult Day Program that provides support to adults and seniors who have a cognitive impairment, allowing caregivers to receive some respite during the day to rest, recharge and complete everyday tasks.
- A bright, open and secure space with a universal design specially made and fitted to support seniors and older adults with cognitive impairments;
- All of the comforts of home, including 8 fully-furnished bedrooms, full kitchen and dining space;
- Accessible washrooms and shower facilities;
- Recreational programming space;
- Personal Support Workers available for around-the-clock care and companionship;
- Staff offices.
“After almost two years in the planning and development, ESS’ dream of creating a new, state of the art overnight respite and day program facility is now a reality. This would not have been possible without the remarkable support of so many community members, leaders and funders. The best news is that it is now here to serve those who need support today and future generations who may need this help.” – Alison Coke, CEO, ESS Support Services
Location: 30 Rosemount Avenue, York, ON M9N 3B3
Supporters of our Senior Respite Centre
We wish to pay a special thank you to everyone who made a donation towards our new Centre in our summer 2020 GIVE65 fundraising campaign with Home Instead Charities, along with St. James’s Gate Irish Pub for donating a portion of take-out meal sales on May 21, 2020 and our local Home Instead chapter (Mississauga & Etobicoke) for always supporting us. We received an amazing gross total of $17,860 that we were able to put towards supporting start-up operations, including the purchase of appliances:
- 2 washing machines
- 2 dryers
- 2 refrigerators
- 1 deep freezer
- 1 dishwasher
- 1 wall oven
- 1 cooktop and ventilation system
We would also like to thank the Central Local Health Integration Network for their on-going program funding, as well as the following individuals who have been instrumental in taking our Centre from an idea and moving it into a reality.
- MPP Faisal Hassan, York South-Weston
- Councillor Frances Nunziata, York South-Weston
- Dave Bennett, Chair, Weston Village Residents’ Association