*** COVID-19 SERVICE UPDATE ***
Our In-Home Respite Program remains open as an essential community service. Please be advised that all staff and clients are being pre-screened before delivering and receiving this service. With everyone’s health and safety in mind, and to reduce the risk of exposure and transmission of the virus, we will be asking the following questions before you receive respite services inside your home:
- Do you have new/worse shortness of breath, a cough or fever (>38°); accompanied by fatigue, sore throat, joint pain, muscle aches, headaches and/or runny nose?
- Have you recently travelled or had close contact with someone that has travelled outside of Canada?
- Have you had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of someone with COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)?
- Do you have recent onset of/undiagnosed diarrhea 3 or more times during the last 24 hours?
- Do you have other known infectious illness (e.g. Pink eye, measles, etc.)?
If you are facing an urgent challenge, please call 416-243-0127 and we will get back to you as soon as we are able. Please refer to this page for further agency updates and COVID-19 resources. We encourage you to sign up for our eNews system to receive our updates directly.
If you are experiencing symptoms of the virus, please contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000.
The Respite Program offers in-home support to seniors and older adults with disabilities living in Etobicoke (exceptions may apply). This program enables individuals to remain comfortably in their own home while receiving care. ESS will send professional Personal Support Workers to your home to provide care and support to an individual and relief to a caregiver. Respite Care services can be arranged on an ongoing basis or for a one-time need.
In-Home Respite Care Services include, but are not limited to:
- Medication assistance
- Meal preparation
- Laundry assistance
- Bed linen change
- Grocery shopping
An in-home assessment by an ESS Case Manager is required to determine eligibility for this program. Please call our administrative office at 416-243-0127 ext. 503 for further information.
FeesClick here to view our rate card.
Hours of Operation
Hours of service are flexible and will be determined based on the individual’s needs and eligibility, as well as staff availability. Minimum 2 hours per visit is required (exceptions based on staff availability).