The Toronto Challenge is a community walk and run that raises money for non-profit organizations that are improving the quality of life for seniors. Every dollar raised for Team ESS will directly support the programs our seniors, older adults and caregivers use.
When and Where: Sunday, June 11th (8:45am warm-up, 9:30am start time) at Nathan Phillips Square/Toronto City Hall. Visit the City of Toronto website for more information.
Help ESS raise $10,000. How you can contribute:
- Register to walk or run (5k run, 5k walk or 1k walk options). This is a family-friendly and accessible event for all ages and abilities. All are welcome to participate! Registration fee is $20 Adult and $10 Youth under 14 or Senior over 65. Deadline to register is May 31st. Download the registration form.
- Raise funds. Every walker/runner who raises at least $100 will have their registration fee reimbursed by ESS.
- Sponsor Team ESS. Sponsor a specific walker/runner or the whole ESS walking team by donating. See below for donation information. See below for donation information.
Donations: Donations as little as $10 are eligible for a tax receipt.
Donations can be made in two ways:
- Online. Make a secure donation on our team page: www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/ess-support-services/p2p/TorontoChallenge2023.
- By cash or cheque. Cheques are made payable to “Etobicoke Services for Seniors”. Please use the provided Pledge Form to keep track of sponsor’s contact information and the amount pledged/paid for tax receipt purposes. Download the pledge form.
If you would like to join the ESS team, please complete the registration form and fee, and email it to Jairo Marin at firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-243-0127 ext. 254. Please contact Jairo with any questions.
Event Information: Download our event flyer.
Start time: The event takes place on Sunday, June 11th and will start with a guided warm-up in Nathan Philips Square at 8:45am. The walk and run will begin at 9:30am.
Walking and Running Route: The event and route will begin and end at Nathan Philips Square. For the exact route, please visit the City of Toronto’s Toronto Challenge event page.
Parking: There will be free parking for the first 180 that arrive between 7:00 and 8:30 am. After that there is $9 parking at the City Hall underground parking. The event is also accessible by TTC, with the closest subway stops being Osgoode and Queen.
Weather: This event will take place rain or shine.
Event contact: For questions regarding registration, event information or pledges, please contact our event lead, Jairo Marin at email@example.com or 416-243-0127 ext. 254.
Event pledges: All cash and cheque pledges and pledge forms are to be submitted to Jairo once the event ends.