Happy Seniors’ Month!
June is Seniors’ Month in Ontario. ESS recognizes the wealth of experience and knowledge older adults bring, along with the contributions they have made, and continue to make, in our communities.
Reach out and connect to a senior in your life and tell them what they mean to you. Or, recognize a senior in your community by nominating them for an Ontario Achievement Award or Ontario Senior of the Year award. Visit www.ontario.ca/page/celebrating-seniors-ontario.
Stay Active. Stay Connected. Stay Safe.
For senior resources, supports, and information on health and wellness, where to find local activities, and how to keep yourself secure, visit the Government of Ontario’s website for resources including:
- Protection from scams and fraud
- Guide to programs and services for seniors
- Recognizing a senior by nominating them for an Ontario Achievement Award, Senior of the Year Award or request a congratulatory message if you or a senior in your life is marking a milestone occasion.
- June is also Pride Month. For 2SLGBTQ+ older adult resources, information and events, visit the519 and Senior Pride Network Toronto.
- June 15th is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day. 1 in 2 people are prejudiced against older people (Global Report on Ageism, World Health Organization) and 1 in 6 people over the age of 60 are victims of elder abuse (World Health Organization). The best prevention against elder abuse is education. Learn more about elder abuse and how we can all support its prevention at Elder Abuse Prevention Ontario. #RightsDoNotGetOld
Get in touch.
We’d love to see you at one of our older adult programs, have you volunteer with us, or learn how we can support you in staying active, connected, and safe. Contact us at 416-243-0127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.