This page is dedicated to ‘virtual’ (online) wellness and interest activities you can do and view from home. Activities range from senior-friendly exercise classes and caregiver webinars to online music concerts and virtual museum and destination tours.
We encourage you to check back regularly as we continue to update this page when we become aware of new activities.
For the most recent agency updates during COVID-19, visit this page.
For community supports available during COVID-19, visit this page.
For health and safety resources during COVID-19, visit this page.
Videos: At-home exercises for seniors
Follow along as Cynthia, ESS Seniors’ Fitness Instructor, leads you through a 50 minute at-home, seated and standing gentle exercise routine specially made for seniors. All that’s required is a chair and an exercise band if you have one.
Disclaimer: Please consult your physician or health care provider before starting an ESS Support Services exercise program or any other fitness program. Do not start this fitness program if your physician or health care provider advises against it. If you experience faintness, dizziness, shortness of breath, or pain at any time while exercising, you should stop immediately. You should always consult with a physician or other health care professional if you have any concerns or questions about your health. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health care professional. By voluntarily undertaking any exercise displayed in this video, you assume the risk of any resulting injury.
Additional exercise videos:
- York West Active Living online fitness schedule (registration required)
- At home wellness and exercise videos by Active Aging Canada
- Techniques and Exercises to Prevent Falls by Active Aging Canada
- 11 chair exercises for seniors
- 7 Strength, Balance, and Flexibility Exercises for Older Adults from Go4Life
- Eldergym Senior Fitness at-home fitness and balance exercises
- Gentle fitness, seated exercise, yoga and Zumba with the Alzheimer Society Toronto (registration required)
- Activity to improve functionality by Active Aging Canada
Virtual events and activities
- Alzheimer Society of Toronto online events: virtual music therapy, music concerts, sing-a-longs, mindfulness meditation, ballroom dancing and more.
- The City of Toronto has many free recreation, active living, arts and culture activities for all ages to enjoy in the comfort of your home.
- Watch live streams of wildlife at Explore.org. See everything from birds, bears, African wildlife, animal sanctuaries, ocean life and more.
- Watch WildEarth, live wild animal footage and commentary from safari guides in Africa.
- Watch Cirque du Soleil perform a new live show every Friday on their YouTube channel.
- Museums, theme parks and zoos offering virtual tours: including the Vatican Museum, NASA, Walt Disney World and more.